I love key chains! My favorite one is a wizard made by a blacksmith at a Scottish Games and Gathering in Woodland, CA way back in the day.
I’ve made square ones and advertised them as condom holder key chains… They are a hit bachelorette parties!
You can make these in any shape I suppose. Same concept.
This is a great scrap fabric buster! My scrap fabric bag is OVERFLOWING!!!
Here is how I made them.
You will need:
- 2″ long – Ribbon (1/8″-1/4″ wide)
- Key chain ring
- Sewing pins
- Sewing machine
- Circle template (Mine is 3 1/8″ in diameter)
- Half circle template (use the circle template, find the half way mark, and add 3/8″- 1/2″)
Here’s what you do:
- Cut out 2 circles. I cut out two contrasting colors. One outer fabric and one liner fabric.
- Cut out two of the half circles using the outer fabric.
- Press a small seam (1/4″) on the half circles
- Sew a top stitch over those half circles
- Stack the circles wrong sides facing each other
- Fold the ribbon in half (now 1″). Pin to the edge of the out fabric pointing towards the center.
- Pin the half circles (right sides) to the out fabric circle.The straight edges should be overlapping.
- Sew close to the edge around the circle.
- Remove pins, turn right side out. Press.
- Sew a top stitch close to the edge.
- Install the key chain ring.
C’est tres facile!